Monday, March 2, 2009

The Lovely Alicia Pons and Robert Hauk at Alberto's milonga

My newest favorite dancer is Alicia Pons, and we've had the good fortune of having her and Robert Hauk visiting for a week. I took her class at La Pista last Thursday which was amazing, and also one of her three workshops this past Sunday at Alberto's before the milonga. Here are their performances from that evening at Alberto's milonga:



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

1 comment:

Mr. Mudan said...

Thank you for uploading the videos. I took the workshops but couldn't stay for the milonga. Alicia is a very interesting teacher. I partnered with a friend who wanted to take a private lesson with Alicia and I loved it. I asked her to demonstrate something Robert mentioned in class, namely, how does the follower suspend the leader to let him know she is playing and then signal she is done. Then we discussed and demonstrated moving from the hips and collecting internally before externally collecting the feet. I thought it was wonderful. Hope she comes back to the bay area soon.
E.Clay