Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Team in Training


As I train more and more with Team in Training for my big Grand Canyon hike in May, I find many correlations with tango. I can see how athletes push themselves and overdo it, much like I experience and see in the world of tango. I can also see how people get that rush, whether connecting on the dancefloor, connecting with a partner, connecting with the music, connecting with yourself, or connecting with a hiking team, connecting with nature, connecting with oneself (mind and body). It feels good having your body doing things, being active, pushing your limits, new achievements and progress, breathing, and having fun. I guess life is all about experiences, and it's funny how some that are so contrasting can actually be so similar in so many different ways.

If you have a few dollars to donate to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS), it will go towards my fundraising event which will be a one day 8-10 hour hike of The Grand Canyon. Your gift is tax deductible and more than 75% goes directly towards research efforts.

http://pages.teamintraining.org/sj/CanyonS309/dalrae

Thanks, abrazos, and good health...



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

No comments: