Saturday, September 6, 2008

Busy Friday and Saturday

I barely made it to Elaine's Palo Alto milonga tonight. My apartment was a good 90 degrees when I got home from work, and about all I can do in that kind of weather is sleep, so I took a nap. By the time I woke up it had cooled to a mere 88 degrees. I dragged myself out of bed, took a cool shower, and got ready for milonga. Martin didn't get there until around 11pm anyway, so my 1015pm appearance wasn't so bad. I got to dance 2 tandas with B. For some reason he felt really great tonight, not that he doesn't usually feel good, but tonight felt more solid than usual. My first tanda was a milonga with him, and later I danced a tango tanda with him. He's a solid dancer and always impresses me with his musicality. I danced with U for the first time I think tonight. He's a good dancer, although it usually takes me a second or third time to totally feel comfortable dancing with someone. I got one tanda with F and he had some fun new steps. I think because there was also Los Altos milonga tonight it was a small turnout, but that just left a lot of room on the dance floor for the rest of us :) I am really having fun doing embellishments now, and not just with Martin but with almost everyone. Lots of fun!

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow, partly because I can't sleep in, and also because my whole day is shot with 2 gigs, one bright early in the morning, and another one in Watsonville in the late afternoon. We really only have a couple more gigs for the rest of the year fortunately. I'm a bit burnt out, and while the extra cash is nice, I'm greatly looking forward to the added free time come winter.

This Sunday I start a series of 2-hour weekly Taiko classes in San Jose. I'm really looking forward to that since I've had one taiko class earlier this year up in Emeryville. Emeryville is just too far away though so I wait-listed myself for this local but popular class. I think it runs for 2 or 3 months. Then next Saturday I start Spanish classes (ya I'll only get a couple classes in before I go to Argentina, but hey, it's a start and I'll plan on continuing through the levels in preparation for my next trip there). Did I say I'd have free time come winter? Hmm.... 2 1/2 weeks till Buenos Aires. Man I can't wait to get some real tango shoes that actually fit my feet right!

No comments: