Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Taiko & Tango

Well I survived the weekend and it actually wasn't that bad. It was actually kinda nice to start Saturday morning by playing quartet music together, and then on Sunday to start the day at Taiko class. Alberto's milongas have been good ever since they got the new floor, but that's probably just a coincidence. It felt great dancing with Martin, V, and B. I felt really lucky that V asked me to dance 3 tandas with him! Unfortunately the performance was canceled due to illness.

Martin and I saw Bottle Shock Saturday night and really enjoyed it. It's kind of like the movie Sideways in that it deals with wine of certain regions. It was a good mix of comedy/drama. We had really good private lessons yesterday, but my feet barely made it through class and practica. The last song of the night was Poema and Martin came to grab me, but I'd already changed my shoes so I just kicked them off and danced in my socks... not bad! Romina flies to Buenos Aires today, so the next time we see her we will be in Buenos Aires as well. I can't believe the trip is only 2 weeks away. We are so looking forward to it.

No comments: