Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Good, good tango

Milonga Sunday night at Alberto's was really good. I'd been missing it so I soaked it all up! Got a lot of dances in (pushed my feet a bit too hard). The highlights of the night were dancing with Martin, S, and O. There was also a new guy to Alberto's, J, who dances a lot in SF but is getting tired with the commute so he tried out Alberto's for the first time. It was nice dancing with him as well.

Class last night was really good as well. It's great because a lot of the guys who used to be beginners a few months ago have really put in the time and effort and it is more enjoyable dancing with them now because their progress is evident. I don't have to worry about them stepping on my toes anymore!

I probably won't be dancing again until Sunday night if I get back from out of town in time, but I'm very happy with how things are now with my dancing and who I get to dance with. J got the first package of custom made tango shoes so it should be any day now that package #2 arrives that contains my pair of custom tango shoes. All my bets are on this pair of shoes, so I will be deeply crushed if they don't end up working out.

No comments: