Monday, October 13, 2008

Where Have I Been?

Well I've been to Buenos Aires and back. It was a great trip... a bit surreal. Things are so much cheaper in BsAs... the hotel, food, clothing, tango. I ended up buying 2 pair of tango shoes from shops, but only 1 I can wear sometimes. The other pair is closed-toed and after wearing them all night at a milonga, the next day my toes and toenails were very sore and bruised. Then I bought one pair of custom shoes. These will arrive in a week or two and I have all my hopes placed on that pair of shoes. If those don't work for my feet, I may have to quit tango as there aren't shoes I can dance in comfortably. I did buy a pair of sneakers which have been very comfortable that I can wear in classes thankfully. They did not have black, so I might buy a second pair in black next month.

I guess after dancing 9 days straight in BsAs I might be a bit burnt out on tango, or have just lost that drive. I remember when I first started dancing back in December I couldn't get enough, going 4 or 5 days a week. That continued until this last week. Since I've been back (one week) I've only gone to practice tango once last Thursday at Starlite. I was maybe going to Palo Alto milonga last Friday (miss dancing with my old favorites), but had a long day sight-seeing with family friends that were visiting from Japan, so decided to stay indoors and watch season 1 of 24 (very addicting show!) Today will be back to normal: privates, practice, class, practice. Should be good.

I'd love to go back to BsAs in a year or two, but next time not just for tango. There is so much more to see.

1 comment:

Notes to Self said...

Welcome back! Look forward to hearing the details of the trip!