Saturday, November 15, 2008

Tango and Music Merge

I went to Lafayette for Marcelo's class and milonga. They had a pretty decent turnout! Another Marcelo who I'd met once before invited me to play violin at Studio Gracia on November 23rd with his group, so we'll discuss more, and maybe I will! This is pretty exciting since it would really bring my love for tango and music full circle. But not sure I'm cut out for it... we'll see.

I've been struggling in my dancing lately with the embrace... to lean or not to lean. That seems to be my question as of late. I've been taught a very milongeuro style with much lean, but now I need to distinguish between when that is good and when I should not lean so much and be more on my own axis. Also, Martin has been throwing much larger steps and gestures at me, which is also a different style of dancing. I've been so used to the small subtle gestures and steps. Anyway, this is all new as of the last week or so, so I'm sure in time it will all settle in.


Tomorrow my quartet is playing for an hour at Barnes and Noble which should be fun, prior to which I'll be seeing my niece's soccer game.

Been listening to Piazzolla's Homenaje Adios Nonino Y Sus Temas Mas Recordados album, my favorite song being the 8-minute Adios Nonino Tango. Genius!

Greatly looking forward to Alberto's 1st anniversary milonga this Sunday in Mountain View - yay!

No comments: