Friday, August 15, 2008

Byington performance

My quartet performed at Byington Winery last night and it went really well. It was our third time performing there this summer, and they asked us back again next month, which we will do. My work group actually had an outting there earlier in the day which was fun. We had a potluck picnic at the facilities and then went on a wine tour at 3pm. It was a gorgeous day (a bit hot in the sun though). My boss was psyched to hear us play Stairway to Heaven. He would have loved for us to have played Kashmir, but we will need to practice that again before performing it. It's got a lot of tricky time signature changes and counting.

Tomorrow S is going to have Martin and I over for dinner and then we'll all head up to The Late Shift in San Francisco. I've never been there before, so looking forward to it! Martin and I had a great practice last night at Starlite. A few songs I had lots of fun doing little embellishments here and there. I find I have to delay even more in my follow with the embellishments since you really have to know what's coming next and keep on your toes so to speak to be ready for what comes next. I think we're both having a lot of fun now though. Martin has opened up musically this year, feeling freer to do whatever and try new things. I'm just starting to.

No comments: