Monday, August 18, 2008

Late Shift & Alberto's

Martin and I went to the Late Shift milonga Saturday night, both for the first time in San Francisco. The jury is still out whether it is my cup of tea, but I'll definitely go back again to give it another try. The dancers were good, although mostly I just danced with the same people I dance with in the South Bay, except towards the end I danced with 2 new dancers to me, but the ambience, kind of felt like a basketball gym decorated with red neon lights.

Last night we had a BBQ gathering at our teacher's place to discuss details of our upcoming trip to Buenos Aires. We're definitely really excited now, especially since it's only a month away!

Unfortunately because of the BBQ, we were unable to see the new floor that was put in at Alberto's in Mountain View until tonight. Wow!! It both looks fabulous and feels fabulous. It's definitely comparable to Elaine's Palo Alto milonga floor. Now instead of just having a fantastic floor to dance on a couple times a month in the South Bay, I will have a wonderful floor to dance on 2, maybe 3 times a week between Albertos' and the Palo Alto church :)

No comments: