Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tango & Music

Eight-months into tango and still going strong. Might start venturing up to San Francisco a couple times a month for milongas to explore that territory. Had a fantastic time as always at Palo Alto milonga Friday night. The floor is silky smooth... I love it! Martin only danced with me and didn't feel like mingling, but I got some tandas in with R, F, and a good milonga with B and V. V was trying to mess me up with intricate fast steps, but I think I got 99% of them! It was a lot of fun.

Sunday had two gigs for weddings at Saratoga Foothill Club, and Villa Montalvo. Was a long day. I think I should not do as much gigging next year as it's really involved, especially since I was the one coordinating both gigs.

Then Martin and I went to DanceSport milonga in San Jose. Something felt off last night, but tonight things were back to normal at our privates. Here is some footage of us practicing after our privates.



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Martin was really tired, but indulged me with one more dance when Poema came on:


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Took a volunteer time off day today with my co-worker K, and we volunteered for Family Giving Tree. It felt good volunteering, despite the hot stuffy warehouse we were stuck in!

1 comment:

Notes to Self said...

Lovely! Very nice use of embellishments!
What is the name of the first track if you do not mind my asking?