Monday, July 28, 2008

Back to Normal

I feel back to normal finally. Had some time to rest and recuperate, and do some cleaning and tidying up. It always makes me feel better to walk into my place with some things in order, instead of things strewn everywhere. Had a pretty relaxing day even though I worked for a few hours. I know this is going to be another busy week of hell, but didn't want to push myself today so I could at least rest up for the busy week. Was itching all weekend to dance, since the last time I danced was Thursday at Starlite, so Martin and I headed over to Alberto's milonga tonight. It was practically empty at 8pm (it starts at 7pm), but around 9pm it got much more crowded. I don't know where everyone's going or if they aren't going anywhere Sunday nights, but a lot of the usual crowd I'd grown used to have not been showing up lately to this milonga which is a shame. Martin didn't do too much dancing tonight due to recovering from 3 full days of Naginata events Frid, Sat, and today, but we got about 4 or 5 tandas in together. I get spoiled dancing with him :) So I did a fair bit of mingling tonight, dancing with some new folks, and got to dance 2 tandas with S, who I'd been wanting to dance with. Danced a tanda towards the end of the night with J. He's only been dancing a couple months I think and is quite good for a beginner. I can already see the improvement after just a few weeks. Plus he takes from my teachers and seems to be absorbing the good teachings of good lead/follow. My teacher, Marcelo showed up towards the end of the night so I got to dance a tanda with him as well. I don't remember all the new folks names, but I have to say these last few weeks I've been really lucky at not having any horrible experiences on the dance floor. It's funny too because I'd been planning on what my etiquette would be if I did end up dancing with someone I didn't enjoy dancing with, but so far I have not had to use it. I am trying to learn the cabaceo, as I haven't really been using that at all up until now. I hear stories of women who overdo the cabaceo and practically stare guys down to death, and I think after hearing these almost horror stories I've adopted the exact opposite and avoided looking at guys at all. I know I should really start trying this out though especially since my trip to Buenos Aires is only 2 months away. Looking forward to entering this new week in a more normal state of feeling/being.

Listening to: Delerium - Returning (feat.kristy thirsk)

No comments: