Sunday, July 6, 2008

Tango Party

One of my tango classmates had a summertime dance party as part of her birthday. It was a perfect event with great food, company, and dancing. My teachers gave a couple performances which were awesome to see as always. They truly are inspirational people and dancers. I realized I was itching to dance, as I hadn't danced in two days. So after someone asked me about dancing with them, I started putting on my tango shoes after the performance, and patiently waited for some tango music to come on. Meanwhile, loud popular music came out of the nice sound system. Finally, I couldn't wait any longer, so Martin willingly joined me on the dance floor and we got down with the beat. Later we got some tango dancing in which semi-satisfied my inkling. I felt on again tonight which was nice, to make up for Thursday's off-feeling night. I got several compliments, which I attributed to Martin and my teachers. We got several inquiries about where to take classes, and people thinking about starting tango, so it's nice to see the tango community growing, people appreciating our dancing, the interest in Argentine tango, and just seeing the fun and joy it brings to everyone. We didn't get all that much dancing in tonight. It was muggy, hot inside, so we had to take many breaks, and we also danced with the few other tango dancers there. Plus we had to leave early with the thoughts of going to bed early since we have all day tango weekend classes tomorrow! I can't wait!

No comments: